- May 19, 2017
- 5:00 pm
- Attala Co. Extension Office (715 Fairground Rd)
Via Attala County 4-H:
The Attala County Summer Fun Program consists of a series of educational activities designed to make the most of summer vacation by encouraging youth to learn with productive activities that are FUN!
Summer Fun is open to youth regardless of prior 4-H participation.
Registration is Friday, May 19 from 8-5 pm at the Attala County Extension Office on Fairground Road behind the Kosciusko Attala Career Tech Center.
The Program is open to youth ages 5 to 18; as indicated according to the workshops.
The fee for each day covers all expenses including a snack when appropriate, transportation, and program costs; unless otherwise noted in description.
All activities will be held at the Attala County Extension Office unless otherwise noted. Fee is required at registration.
Summer activities for 2017 include:
- June 6th (1 day) Cloverbud Day – Ages: 5-7 / Fee: $5/ Time: 10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. This day is for the younger youth. We will do different arts and crafts and learn about bugs, butterflies, worms and spiders! 10 spaces available
- June 12th (l day) Chillin’ and Grillin’ – Ages 8-18/Fee: $5/ Time: 10:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. What a way to enjoy the summer; grilling favorite foods & having fun! In this workshop our County Director, Taylor Casey, will help you improve your grilling skills. We will be grilling hamburgers to eat for lunch. If you have a charcoal grill please bring it with you along with a chair to sit in while things are cooking! 10 spaces available
- June 13th (1 day) Science Day – Ages 8-18/Fee: $5/ Time: 10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. This is guaranteed to be a fun morning. We will experiment with Insta-Snow, Magic Sand, Tornado Tubes, Biofuel and more. With a little help from Steve Spangler products we will explore a little bit of science. Come join us in the fun. 10 spaces available
- June 15th (1 day) Art Workshop – Ages: 7-14/Fee: $5/ 10:00a.m. to 12:00a.m. Come have fun with us as we put paint to canvas and use our imaginations to color our summer bright! All supplies are included just bring a creative attitude! 10 spaces available
- June 27th (1 day) Cooking with Kids– Ages: 7-13 / Fee: $5/ Time: 10:00a.m. to 1:00p.m.. Come for a day of fun and learn all about health and good nutrition. Participants will explore MyPlate and taste-test new foods from each of the food groups. Then, it’s into the kitchen to prepare lunch and tasty snacks. We’ll play lots of nutrition-related games and get plenty of physical activity in the afternoon. Be sure to bring a large plastic food container with you so you can take home any extra treats. Dress comfortably and be ready for a great time having fun with MyPlate. 15 spaces available
- June 29th-30th (2 day) Dot and Dash Robotics – Ages: 5-8/Fee $5/Time: 10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. If you have an interest in robots, snow and problem-solving then join us for “Snow-tastrophe: A Robotics Camp for the Not so Faint of Heart.” Participants will use their problem-solving skills to find out how an inventor’s failed experiment led to a snowstorm. They will then program robots to clean up the mess. 8 spaces available
- July 5th-6th (2 day) Martial Arts – Ages 7-18/Fee: $5/10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. Come unleash your inner dragon with Attala County Martial Arts! We will cover everything from Self Defense Techniques, purpose of training and so much more. Don’t’ miss out on this workshop! 10 spaces available
- July 10th (1 day) Kids Canning – Ages 8-18/Fee: $5/10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. This is a perfect opportunity for you to learn what all goes into making those awesome jams and jellies that grandma makes. All supplies are included. 8 spaces available
If you have any questions please call the Attala County Extension Office at 289-1321 or email email@example.com.